Congratulations on your engagement!
Now that you are engaged there are so many choices to make for the wedding. The date, the place, the dress, the flowers and then, there’s the cake.
Once you decide it’s time to start interviewing cake designers, do a little research first:
1. Pictures are ALWAYS good. It gives the designer a clear idea of what you like.
2. Have a discussion with your fiance about the cake and make sure you are on the same page about flavor, design and budget.
3. Have a general idea of the major aspects of your wedding:
a. theme or style
c. flowers – colors and name
e. number of guests
Questions you should ask your cake designer:
1. Do they have a portfolio of wedding cakes for you to view?
2. Can you taste samples or do they have a tasting coming up?
3. Can they supply you with references?
4. Do they do custom cakes or are there specific cake designs to choose from?
5. If the cake of your dreams is out of your budget, does the designer have a creative way to grant that wish for you?
6. Do they supply rentals: e: cake toppers, stands, tiers, fountains, cutters. Are they at an additional cost?
7. If you want fresh flowers on the cake, can they coordinate with the florist or will you need to supply the flowers?
8. What ingredients are used in the cakes?
9. How long before the wedding date is the cake baked?
10. How is the price determined? By the slice or layer? Additional cost for cake flavors, fillings, frosting or fondant. What about additional cost for design?
11. Can I get the cost proposal in writing to take home?
12. Is there an additional cost for delivery and set-up?
Questions the cake designer may ask you.
They may seem very personal, but it’s a great way to ensure that your cake is as personal as the rest of your wedding.
1. Do you want a traditional, modern, or whimsical design?
2. What are the colors of the wedding? What are your/fiance’s favorite colors. What colors don’t you or your fiance like?
3. What is the theme of the wedding?
4. What are your hobbies? Your fiance’s?
5 How did you meet?
6. Where did you get engaged?
7. Do you want a stacked, tiered cake or cupcakes?
8. Do you want fresh flowers on the cake? If so, which flowers?
9. What flavor cake, filling and what type of icing?
Best wishes to you and your fiance.
To order your cake or schedule a free consultation/tasting, please call Pam at (859) 285-0306.